Hold Your Next Special Event at The Mystic Theatre!
- Private Affair
- Weddings and Receptions
- Graduation Party
- Corporate Presentation
- Film Screening
The Mystic Theatre Features
- Two Levels including Balcony
- Full Service, Premium Bar
- State of the Art Lighting
- State of the Art Sound
- 40′ × 25′ Stage
- 1200 Square Foot Dance Floor
- Full Sized Retractable Movie Screen
- Two Dressing Rooms with Shared Bath w/Shower
- Cocktail Tables, Banquet Tables and Chairs
- Full Service Restaurant
- Outdoor Patio (alcoholic drinks and smoking permitted)
- Neon Lit Marquee
About The Mystic Theatre:
Historically a Vaudeville Theatre, The Mystic Theatre is now beautifully restored concert and event hall. We have been host to many musical legends including Van Morrison, Richie Havens, Carlos Santana, The Violent Femmes, and many, many more. We have also held weddings, receptions, tournament banquets, business meetings and film festivals and our skilled event staff can meet virtually any need.
We are conveniently located in downtown Petaluma at 23 Petaluma Blvd. North. There are two parking garages located within two short blocks from our venue as well as street side parking. The Mystic Theatre is in the heart of old town Petaluma and is surrounded by many fine shops and restaurants. Including our own, McNear’s which is adjacent to the theatre.
Mystic Theatre Rental Information
The Mystic Theatre is an 8,000 square foot multi-event facility with state of the art lighting and sound. It is fully equipped to host your next special event – whether public, private, or corporate.
Seated events comfortably accommodate 400 guests and standing shows allow for 500 guests. A fully seated dinner setup will seat 250 guest.
The lobby has a fully stocked, premium bar on the main level. Catering, security, parking, A/V & lighting technicians, and ticketing are all available through customized rental packages.
Monday – Wednesday: $1,500
- There is an additional minimum Food & Beverage charge of $2,000. Unused funds will be refunded by way of McNear’s Restaurant gift cards. An 8% sales tax is applied only to food and beverage charges accrued on the day of the event.
Thursday and Sunday: $2,000
- There is an additional minimum Food & Beverage charge of $3,000. Unused funds will be refunded by way of McNear’s Restaurant gift cards. An 8% sales tax is applied only to food and beverage charges accrued on the day of the event.
Friday and Saturday: $2,500
- There is an additional minimum Food & Beverage charge of $4,000. Unused funds will be refunded by way of McNear’s Restaurant gift cards. An 8% sales tax is applied only to food and beverage charges accrued on the day of the event.
- A reservation deposit in the amount of $500 is required to confirm the date in our system. This deposit is non-refundable if the date is canceled for any reason, but it will be deducted from the balance of the bill upon settlement.
- A refundable damage deposit of $500 will be held 24 hours after the completion of the event.
- We require a Certificate of Insurance which can be acquired through our insurance company at the cost of $XXX
- There will be an additional $200 cleaning charge for any event using confetti or any other like confetti. Glitter is strictly prohibited and will be considered damages.
- Optional miscellaneous charges may include: decor, additional security, valet parking, kitchen use fee (for outside caterers) or special power requirements. Please consult with your Event Co-Ordinator for quotes on these services.
The room rental for The Mystic Theatre includes comprehensive event co-ordination and management services, all the necessary staff, service bar. cocktail tables and chairs and or dining tables and basic lighting and sound needs. Rental rates are based on your event not exceeding five hours (two hours are available prior to the start-time of your event for set-up). Additional hours can be arranged directly with your Event Co-Ordinator for a fee.
Technical theatre specifications and floor maps can be found on the Venue page.